Monday, May 2, 2011

Busy busy busy

For a long time me & Matthew have been working on an article on "real-time constructive solid geometry" (CSG) for the Game Development Tools book. We finished the article somewhere at the end of march, and last week we finished the demo. It's been a really interesting experience, writing an article, but it sure was a lot more work than I thought it would be! It really gives me a renewed respect for authors in general! Anyway, the source is going to be put on the book's website eventually, I'll post a link here when it's up, and eventually put it on git (when I can find time in my way too busy schedule). The article itself is basically a better written version of what I already wrote down on my blog, but with a couple of additional details, improvements and discoveries that we've made along the way!



While making the CSG demo I had a bug in my polygon splitting code (obviously fixed now), which looked kinda funny :)


Other than that I've been really busy with my regular projects, and a super secret IOS game which I've been working on with my friends at Limbic and Hidden Elephant. Can't wait to show some stuff from the game!

Unfortunately, all this means that I haven't had much time to work on my other experiments :(